As discussed earlier, one of the most significant advantages of pursuing your career in industrial engineering is the broad scope which allows the students to work in many more settings than just factories. There are indeed some jobs which can only be filled by an industrial engineer, but there are also some jobs where an industrial engineer works closely with other engineering fields.
Given below are some of the jobs you can get with an industrial engineering degree -
- Quality Control Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Project Manager
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Health and Safety Engineers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Management Analysts
- Industrial Engineering Technicians
- Cost Estimators
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
Even though most of the IEs are employed in areas like sales and marketing, finance, and information systems, other industries like hospitals, airlines, banks, railroads, and social services also employ industrial engineers.
Industrial engineers can make significant improvements within their companies.
The benefits that are directly **linked to the work of industrial engineers include - **
- Making work safe, faster, easier, and more rewarding.
- The idea of setting time or labor standards.
- Increased ability to do more with less.
- Reduced costs associated with new technologies.
- Showing ways to improve the work environment, improving efficiency and teaching people about ergonomics.
- Good organization and improved productivity.
Even though some of their time is spent in offices, Industrial engineers spend some time visiting work sites as well. Traveling is a part of the job since Industrial engineers need to study workplaces and diagnose problems in many different locations. An industrial engineer typically works 40 hours a week.
Here are some of the companies who hire industrial engineers -
- SSOE Group
- IPS-Integrated Project Services
- Burns & McDonnell
- Ghafari Associates
- Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon
- Jensen Hughes
- Thermal Tech Engineering
- Coffman Engineers
Now let’s talk about the pay. If you’re wondering how much money an industrial engineer makes after graduation, here it is:
The average salary of an industrial engineer is 78,670 USD per year.