It is a government offered centrally managed scholarship and provides financial aid to students for tuition fees and health insurance for up to three years. It is available for both domestic and international students. It supports a student’s Research Doctorate and Research Master’s degree. It also offers thesis allowance and dependent child allowance (for international students only). Moreover, it offers paid medical, maternity and parental leave under Section 51-68 of Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure.
The candidate applying must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have completed a degree equivalent to an Australian first class hons degree;
- Must have a proof of English proficiency;
- Must satisfy the admission requirements of the university a student is applying to;
- Must enroll as a full-time student at a study or research program;
- Must not be receiving any other commonwealth funded postgraduate financial aid.
Process to Apply -
No application is required for this scholarship. All candidates who are eligible are considered for the grant. Select the appropriate options in admission applications to be considered for available scholarships. Application deadlines vary with university.