Are you considering the idea of studying abroad? It may seem like a tough task, especially because of the financial support that you would require throughout your stay in a foreign country. But, with a scholarship or the right kind of monetary support, you can easily secure a spot in a foreign university and study abroad for your bachelor’s or master's degree.
Here's a straightforward guide to assist you on your journey and provide insights into how you can secure career growth while studying abroad:
1. Planning Your Study Abroad Budget Studying in a foreign country is an opportunity that can truly transform your life. However, the first step is to determine how much you are willing to invest in your education. The course fees can vary significantly. But one thing is assured that there are options for every budget.
Additionally, take into account the cost of living. It can range from Rs 26,000 to Rs 88,000 per month, depending on your chosen study destination.
2. Discover Your Academic Passion Some people know what they want to do from a young age, while others might figure it out in high school or even later. It's good to choose a field that can get you a job, but make sure you really enjoy it too. Popular subjects include business, computer science, engineering, and medicine. If you're unsure what to study:
- Try some online quizzes that suggest careers.
- Think about what hobbies or topics you really like.
- Look at jobs you might want in the future.
- Maybe take a year off to work or volunteer and see what you like.
3. Choose Your Ideal Study Destination
Your budget and chosen discipline play a pivotal role in determining your study abroad location. But, additional considerations are:
- Language preferences
- Work opportunities during your course
- The significance of social life and extracurriculars
- Preferred living environment (urban hustle or serene town)
- Proximity to home and travel opportunities
Shortlist 2-3 countries and weigh their pros and cons. While you might have a dream destination, keep an open mind; sometimes, where you end up might surprise you.