PhDs are an essential part of the knowledge economy as completing a PhD is all about creating new knowledge, discovering new things, and developing new skills. A postgraduate doctoral degree is awarded to students who complete an original thesis offering a significant unique contribution to knowledge in their subject.
Some of the Stages in a typical PhD includes typically -
- The student has to carry out a literature review or a survey of current scholarship in your subject.
- The next stage will be conducting original research and collecting your results.
- Present your conclusions by producing a thesis.
- Once you prepare a thesis, you need to submit it as a dissertation.
- The final stage is defending your thesis in an oral viva voice exam.
Even though a PhD is challenging and demanding, it is immensely rewarding as it is your chance to contribute to the sum of human knowledge. Another added advantage is that there is no age limit to applying for a PhD program, which means it’s never too late to fulfill your dream of doing research.