When you are looking to find the right B-school, remember that it’s not all about rankings. It comprises a whole load of other factors such as -
- International reputation: This is a strong criteria. The better the reputation, the higher the pay packet, the list of contacts and so on.
- Scholarships: Receiving a full or even partial scholarship certainly helps you decide and fix on your choice of school.
- Career placement: Helping you look for a job is a key component of any B-school. Many schools have companies coming on campus to interview students. For instance INSEAD and LBS have over 150 companies visiting their campus, many of which are international recruiters.
- Specialization: After looking at the list of rankings zero down on eight schools. Your list should comprise three top schools, four to five mid level schools and the rest should be chosen from slightly further down the list. Now narrow down your selection based on the various strengths of the school. Match this with your own interest so that you get the right fit.
- Rankings: These are important but beyond the Top 20 business schools, you should also look at — a school’s accreditation status; one that equips you with skills and knowledge and one that gives you both depth and width as a person.
- In a nutshell your MBA degree should give you — skills, a good address book and a brand strength in the area you have chosen as your career path.